Monday, May 19, 2008

So here we are...


I really should be in the bathroom taping things so I can get my painting done, but I am perenially lazy and a total procrastinating geek, so I am sitting here creating this blog instead. The inlaws (love them!) arrive Wednesday evening, and we head to the Outer Banks on Thursday for a few days of R&R, and humoring David with my (and ma's) participation in the deep sea fishing excursion next weekend. (We'd rather just lounge and shop.) Who knows, maybe I will convert into a fishing nut. But I doubt it....

So, for those of you who may not know, we have been living in NC for the past four years as of this August. We'll be in the house three years end of July. We really love it here. Small town life has taken some getting used to, but it's such a serene place to be. We spent our first four years together in the Dallas area, where I moved after being in the San Francisco bay area for the previous ten years. D is a Texas native, and I've taken him from his home. I'm such a nomad. :o).

This past weekend consisted of prepping the house for our visitors interspersed with both calculated and spontaneous bouts of lounging. The usual weekend chores - laundry, cleaning the kitchen, cooking, vacuuming, bathrooms... some spring cleaning (dusting the blinds, washing down bathroom walls and baseboards)... and a few hours on the boat catching some sun to add to my extensive freckle collection. David spent the entire day Saturday on the lake - even caught a few fishies in the morning - but he always throws them back so there will be more fish to catch next time. Saturday evening we had a few friends over for bbq burgers, which we enjoyed out on the screened porch taking in the fabulous weather until late evening. Sunday was another bbq, followed by a few errands and some work in the yard -- until it started raining. My roses were ALMOST finished being pruned, but I still have more to do.... If you're not careful, they will jump out and grab you on your way to the front door!

Of course, I am still catching up from my fabulous trip to Northern California with my mom. I will have to fill y'all in on that at another time. For now, it's time to figure out what on earth to cook for dinner and start working on that lovely paint job.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Great little post. I can't wait to see many updates. I have been thinking about doing this but I figured I would bore everyone to tears. Who knows. Maybe I am inspired.

Carrie said...

Krissy,

OK, you and David are officially the cutest couple I know. Your little home and life in North Carolina sound so wonderful. I am so happy for you guys. I hope you keep this page up so I can laugh at the funny pictures of David. I like the one with the fish and the one where he gave you diamonds. Y'all are a trip! Sending love to you guys from Texas,

Carrie